Tuesday, February 1, 2011

The Saga of the Traveling Coffee Cup 2-1-11

In case you have missed out on the very beginning of this story, here's a quick re-cap.  I have come to be known for always having a cup of coffee in my hand.  The coffee cup has even been used to describe how I handle the trauma situations that we deal with out on tour.  It's been said that, "you'll always know who Rick is, just look for the big guy with a cup of coffee in his hand...."  Further, what people in the industry have really picked up on and now use as a way to describe how emergency medicine / event medicine should be done is as follows, "Rick always has his coffee in hand.  You'll see a trauma happen and Rick will get on his radio and direct traffic while holding onto his cup of coffee.  When something really bad has happened though, it's the one time that you'll see Rick set his coffee cup down calmly, head out on the scene, direct traffic and get things handled.  Once the situation has been taken care of, he'll return back to his cup of coffee and pick it back up as if nothing had ever happened."  So, we thought it would be fun to create a story-line from the coffee cup's perspective that takes you around the world with me to all of the events that we cover and the business that I conduct globally.  I hope you enjoy!

The Saga of the Traveling Coffee Cup 2-1-11

Today, I come to you from Cape Town, South Africa.  I'm out here on business as expected; not for an event this time but actually meetings.  Things thus far are going great!  We've had a full day of meetings and now we're heading out to dinner, then more meetings for me.  Enjoy the pics below of the beautiful area I'm staying at....everyone should visit this place at some point!

 This is where I'm staying.
 Inside the Canal Mall.
Hooray, a new friend! 
The food court inside the Canal Mall. 
The cup is overwhelmed with the very impressive food court in the Canal Mall. 
Stage - entertainment area in the Canal Mall. 
Just another view of the impressive food court. 
Enjoying the beautiful day outside my hotel. 
Hanging by the pool at my hotel before I have to go to meetings. 
Some of the locals here in Cape Town, SA.

Well folks, that's a wrap for today....I hope that you all have enjoyed.  Stay tuned for more info and fun to come.....

No comments:

Post a Comment